WILLIAM “BILL” GREEN
The Peninsula Bay (CA) Chapter of Links, Incorporated is pleased to announce the William “Bill” Green scholarship opportunity to African American graduating High School Seniors on the Peninsula to assist with college expenses. These scholarships are given in memory of William Green who graduated from Cubberly High School in Palo Alto, CA and excelled in track and field while competing for the Olympics. Preference will be given for track and field athletic accomplishment, civic participation and the potential for higher achievement at the college level.
The Links, Incorporated, founded in 1946, is one of the oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry. The Links, Incorporated has a membership of nearly 17,000 professional women of color serving in chapters across the United States, the District of Columbia, London England, and the Bahamas. Through its philanthropic arm, The Links Foundation, Incorporated, the organization has contributed more than 22 million dollars to charitable causes since its founding. Washington, DC is the site of the national headquarters. To learn more about The Links, Incorporated, visit the website at www.linksinc.org.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing; and a graduating senior in the class of 2023 from a high school located in Santa Clara County or San Mateo County.
- Intention to attend a college/university as a full-time student
- Completed Scholarship Application
- One (1) letter of recommendation. One letter must be from a school teacher, counselor, or administrator
- Official sealed transcript with all high school grades to date; inclusive of the first semester of your senior year. **
- A typed statement/essay on how you may benefit from the Peninsula Bay (CA) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated William Green scholarship.
- A typed summary of community service involvement, athletic awards and scholastic achievements
- A current personal and family photo
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING:
Applications must be submitted on or before April 30, 2023. Scholarship recipients are announced on or before May 30, 2023.
TO APPLY Return completed application packets to:
Mrs. Emily Pharr
**Under separate cover, ask the school to send an official transcript to the above address by deadline**
If you are selected as a recipient, the Scholarship Committee will email a notice to your email address on your application with instructions. The announcement of the scholarship recipient will be emailed to the recipient’s high school counselor on or before May 30, 2023 Incomplete and/or late application packets will not be considered.